- Theme Parks
- Walt Disney World
- Vacation Tips
LEGOLAND® Beach Retreat will welcome its first guests to discover endless fun in the sun when it opens April 7, 2017. LEGOLAND Florida Resort announced the grand opening date today during an exclusive media preview of the all-new accommodations that will see LEGOLAND’s on site capacity more than double.
The name give to the accommodation is the somewhat catchy “Cowabungalow” and they designed with the same attention to detail and kid-centric features that made LEGOLAND Hotel an immediate hit, LEGOLAND Beach Retreat is a village-style vacation resort with 83 beach-themed bungalows offering 166 separate rooms, each with whimsical LEGO® décor inside and out.
The brightly colored bungalows are grouped into 13 “coves” named after popular LEGO Minifigures. Each includes an outdoor play area with fun and challenging elements, all within view of the bungalows’ shaded patios, where mom and dad can relax while kids play.
Located about a half-mile from the theme park entrance, the site also features a central swimming pool (pictured above) and sandy play area, a buffet restaurant, pool bar, a giant LEGO inspired lighthouse with a real rotating beacon and picturesque views of Lake Dexter.
LEGOLAND Beach Retreat amenities include:
• 166 spacious rooms that sleep up to five, including a cozy area designed just for kids with a bunk bed, trundle bed and privacy curtain.
• Sandy’s Castle Restaurant, located inside The Lighthouse and featuring a bountiful menu
of entrees, sides and desserts designed to please the palates of kids and grownups alike.
o A delicious breakfast is included with each night’s stay; lunch and dinner will be available without reservations.
• Bricks Beach Bar, offering an eclectic menu of made-to-order food, drinks and creative
cocktails served poolside and inside The Lighthouse.
• Palm Tree Traders, a large retail shop stocked with LEGO building sets and Minifigures, apparel, toys, swimwear, snacks and sundries.
• Complimentary parking in LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s main parking lot.
• Early access to the theme park, with exclusive use of some of the most popular attractions, including LEGO NINJAGO® World when it opens Jan. 12.
Reservations are available for stays from April 7 through Nov. 30, 2017. To book a stay at LEGOLAND Beach Retreat, visit LEGOLAND.com/beachretreat or call (877) 350-5346 daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nightly room rates start at $135 (plus tax and resort fee) and vary by season, date and availability.
Announced in March 2016 as part of the largest period of growth and expansion in the resort’s five-year history, LEGOLAND Beach Retreat is a first-of-its-kind project unique to the LEGOLAND resorts in North America. Opening less than two years after the May 2015 debut of the 152-room LEGOLAND Hotel, the sprawling, sun-kissed site will more than double on-site accommodations and give guests even more reasons to play — and stay — at the place #BuiltForKids.